Here are some books I would recommend reading in various subjects.
Psychology, humans and brains
- ‘Delusions of Gender: The Real Science Behind Sex Differences‘ by Fine, Cordelia.
- ‘A Mind of Its Own: How Your Brain Distorts and Deceives‘ by Fine, Cordelia.
- ‘How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed‘ by Bisson, Terry.
- ‘Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School‘ by Medina, John.
- ‘30-Second Psychology: The 50 Most Thought-provoking Psychology Theories, Each Explained in Half a Minute‘ by Jarrett, Christian.
- ‘Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour 6th Edition‘ by Gross, Richard (the main learning book for all starting in Psychology).
- ‘My Beautiful Genome: Exposing Our Genetic Future, One Quirk at a Time‘ by Frank, Lone.
- ‘Guilty Robots, Happy Dogs : The Question of Alien Minds‘ by David McFarland.
- ‘The Selfish Gene : 30th Anniversary edition‘ by Dawkins, Richard.
- ‘Psychology for designers’ by Joe Leech.
Design and experience
- ‘The Laws of Simplicity (Simplicity: Design, Technology, Business, Life)‘ by John Maeda.
- ‘Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers‘ by Gray, Dave, Sunni Brown, James Macanufo.
- ‘Microinteractions: Full Color Edition: Designing with Details‘ by Saffer, Dan.
- ‘Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience‘ by Gothelf, Jeff, Seiden, Josh.
- ‘Theory of Colours‘ by Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, Charles Lock Eastlake.
- ‘100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter)‘ by Weinschenk, Susan.
- ‘Imagine: How Creativity Works‘ by Lehrer, Jonah.
- ‘Neuro Web Design: What Makes Them Click?‘ by Weinschenk, Susan M.
- ‘Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability‘ by Krug, Steve.
- ‘Design for Real Life’ by Sara Wachter-Boettcher and Eric Meyer.
- ‘Just Enough Research’ by Erica Hall.
- ‘Inclusive Design Patterns’ by Heydon Pickering.
- ‘Designing for Emotion‘ by Aaron Walter.
- ‘The Users Journey’ by Donna Lichaw.
- ‘Undercover User Experience Design’ by Cennydd Bowles and James Box.
- ‘The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation‘ by Bacon, Jono.
- ‘Design to Thrive: Creating Social Networks and Online Communities that Last ‘ by Howard, Tharon.
Business and products
- ‘Getting Real‘ by Fried, Jason, Heinemeier Hansson, David, Linderman, Matthew, 37signals.
- ‘Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products‘ by Eyal, Nir, Hoover, Ryan.
- ‘How to Teach Quantum Physics to Your Dog‘ by Orzel, Chad.
- ‘Chaos: Making a New Science‘ by Gleick, James.
- ‘The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers: Gold Edition‘ by Szczepaniak, S.M.G.
- ‘A Pocket Guide to CSS Animations‘ by Head, Val, Gregory, Owen, Madine, Simon.
Future thinking, digital theory and open source
- ‘The Cathedral & the Bazaar: Musings on Linux and Open Source by an Accidental Revolutionary‘ by Raymond, Eric S.
- ‘You Are Not A Gadget: A Manifesto‘ by Lanier, Jaron.
- ‘Who Owns The Future?‘ by Lanier, Jaron.
- ‘Future Hype: The Myths of Technology Change‘ by Seidensticker, Bob.
- ‘The Net Delusion: How Not to Liberate The World‘ by Morozov, Evgeny.
- ‘To Save Everything, Click Here: Technology, Solutionism, and the Urge to Fix Problems that Don’t Exist‘ by Morozov, Evgeny.
- ‘A Mindfulness Guide for the Frazzled‘ by Ruby Wax.
- ‘Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talking‘ by Cain, Susan.
- ‘The Basic Sources of Happiness‘ by The Dalai Lama.
- ‘Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life‘ by Millburn, Joshua Fields, Nicodemus, Ryan.
- ‘The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living‘ by The Dalai Lama.
- ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’: by Yogananda, Paramhansa.
- ‘Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi’s Guide to Discovering Your Best Self‘ by Krasno, Jeff, Herrington, Sarah, Lindstrom, Nicole.